Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Whew! Catching up…

I unfortunately do not have a substantial post this Wednesday; having been away from home for five days, only to immediately go to school and class, I’ve found myself shorthanded.  But even so, there are a bunch of things coming up that I’m excited to do.  So since I haven’t been able to do them yet, I’ll share what I’m looking forward to doing!

Chalk Board Speech Bubble

image

I have no idea WHY I want to do this other than it seems amazing!  What a fun project (and easy and cheap, to boot) for classrooms, photos, even weddings!  All you need is posterboard, chalkboard spray paint (I just love this stuff, so versatile!), and a craft knife or box cutter.  Check it out over at Make and Takes!

Chalkboard Clock

image

A related item, this chalkboard clock is another item that’s charming in so many settings.  I love this for a classroom, but it would be equally suitable in a kitchen or even a kid’s bedroom.  This example over at Apartment Therapy is $79 for the clock with four magnets, but I think you could work this out DiY without much trouble at all!  Chalkboard spray paint to the rescue again!

Pom Pom Name Pennant

image

This is something I’d like to work on for the baby of a friend.  It’s such a simple, charming idea and inexpensive to complete.  Homemade by Jill has all the instructions!

What’s in your plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment