Tuesday, February 1, 2011

thing-a-day one: Dotty bracelet with a secret!

Even though it was a snow day, I couldn’t quite motivate myself to make a piece of clothing… but with my wearable challenge, there were still lots of small options left!  So I started out with a fun one, a fabric cuff bracelet.  This was a good recycle/reuse project, too, as the fabric came from an old pair of pants!

DSC00070

Starting with fabric, foam, and ribbon…

DSC00071

Sizing the foam for the bracelet base…

DSC00074

And the finished project!  The fabric was wrapped around the outside of the foam base and then the raw edges inside were covered with the dotty ribbon.  I love that it’s kind of a little surprise decoration on the inside, and the button sewn on the outside echoes the pattern.  Super simple, and really cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment