Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Anytime freebie craft: fabric cards

Finding myself with a little extra time over the break, but no money, I decide to take the path less traveled this year regarding our holiday cards to friends and family.  I pulled out my collection of scraps, ribbons, baubles, and Wonder Under, and proceeded to make a collection of hand crafted Christmas Cards!

cardmaking07
The fabric set for my sister’s family.

cardmaking04
Starting on Nick’s family’s card.

cardmaking05
Wonder Under-ing a base fabric.

cardmaking02
Fabric and decorative supplies.

cardmaking11
Several finished cards.

cardmaking12
The inside of one card.

This is a very individual endeavor!  Feel free to use any resource or technique you like best; I focused mostly on the fancy stitches on my new sewing machine and strengthening fabric with Wonder Under.  I used several techniques for messages.  In some cards I simply used double sided tape to secure a paper message.  In others, I sewed in a pocket or corner catches.  Any of these options make these cards totally reusable!

Everyone seemed to love their unique gifts!  What were some of your successful holiday projects?

No comments:

Post a Comment