Friday, May 6, 2011

Cinco de FOODO

I am admittedly a bandwagon celebrator of Cinco de Mayo.  I drink margaritas and go to Mexican restaurants for dinner.  I did the same thing last night, and we had a great night!  Here are some highlights!

marg2

We started the night out at Las Margaritas on 17th Street in Denver.  It was a lovely night and a lovely location!  I had the most fabulous tamales!

marg1

Fabulous margaritas!  Not too sweet, very fresh tasting, which I like very much.

dbar1

After dinner, we needed some SUGAR, so we headed down the street to D Bar, Keegan Gerhard’s Denver restaurant.  I’ve been here once before for a birthday, and it is a totally fabulous location.

dbar2

The most delicious caramel escaped when I busted open this incredible tart.  AND we were at the bar, so we could watch the incredible skilled chef create each of our dishes.  Also, I am currently having a love affair with caramel.

How was your Cinco?

Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment