Friday, October 1, 2010

Officer’s Club

DSC06352

There are a few trends in fashion that come back periodically and I’m always happy to see again, military style being one of my favorites.  This seems to constantly be in and out of the spotlight and the runway, and it seems to be back again for the fall!  Of course, I’m not going to destroy my checkbook enjoying new and returning trends, so I head over to one of my local secondhand stores to try my hand at them the frugal way!

I found this delightful military jacket at a local ARC for just $10!  It’s a REAL Army jacket, I’m told, as evidenced by the construction, the patches on the arms, and some tags inside (interestingly, the tags detail instructions to give to your cleaners so your uniform looks its best!  Cool!).  It seems to be an older style, but in impeccable condition, so we think it belonged to someone who served quite some time ago and then kept their things in storage.  It’s such an amazing find from any member of our armed forces, people who take care of us every day!  Thank you for your service!

It is a seriously solid jacket with a heavy lining, good I suspect even in cold weather, but good for just cool fall, too!  I wore it out on Wednesday for a Whedonverse Geeks Who Drink trivia event, and it kept me toasty warm while we sat outside on the patio and racked our brains!  As the fall evenings keep getting cooler, I’ll keep it around!

What’s your favorite fashion steals?

No comments:

Post a Comment