Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Dress a Day!

image

I love everything – I mean EVERYTHING – about this blog.  New Dress A Day does literally what it says.  The author (who’s name is appropriately mysterious) takes a $1 secondhand piece and recreates it into a functioning piece of current clothing.  Much like Julie & Julia, only with more Goodwill and less wine (well, there might be alcohol still involved, I wouldn’t begrudge anyone that).

Her projects turn out excellent and flattering, and I’m totally blown away with some of the absolutely terrifying pieces she starts with (satin 80s bridesmaid dresses, anyone?  No, I didn’t think so).

Amazing, amazing, amazing, and super-duper inspiring.  I will keep this in mind next time I’m clothes shopping!  There are no more excuses for not buying stuff I like that doesn’t fit!

Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment