Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hooked on papering!

A recent thrift store find had me excited about making a new project.  This simple wooden hook hanger was a plain rust-color when I picked it up, but I’d had this great bird printable on hand, and decided to use it to embellish the accessory!

DSC00449

I started with the hook, a small mirror, the printed sheet, scissors, and a little glue.

DSC00450

I folded the paper around the edges of the block to figure out where the corners would be.  Then I snipped them a little so there wouldn’t need to be any corner folds.

DSC00451

Paper will of course tend to wrinkle because of the moisture in the glue, so I used a small paint bottle to roll out the bubbles and wrinkles.

DSC00452

I added the mirror on with a little more glue once the base dried!  Exciting!

DSC00453

Not wanting the bare edges of the mirror to show, I picked out a few pheasant feathers to glue around the edges.  I carefully overlapped the tips over the quills so they wouldn’t show.

DSC00454

And the finished product!

What finds have inspired you lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment